By Devashree Sanghvi, Thecrazyindianfoodie.
Pasta chips have taken over the Internet. From Tik Tok to Instagram, pasta chips are everywhere. They’re so easy to make and you can be really creative with the spices/flavours you add to them.
They make for a portion of really delicious finger food and a great party snack to impress your guests.
They are totally worth the hype and you have to try them. I made Peri Peri pasta chips and the spicy peri peri + crisp pasta taste absolutely incredible together.
I’ve made the pasta chips in an air fryer but you can easily just bake or deep fry them too.
Here’s the recipe for peri peri pasta chips:
- 200 gms pasta (use any). I’ve use fusilli. Try using a smaller pasta.
- Water, salt and some olive oil for cooking the pasta.
- 3-4 tsp olive oil.
- 1 tsp black pepper powder.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp chilli flakes.
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs.
- 2-3 tsp peri peri masala.
- Some peri peri masala to sprinkle on top.
- Heat water in a large pan. Add some salt and olive oil and bring to a boil. Add pasta, mix and cook until it’s al dente (not over cooked but to the bite). Cooking the pasta al dente is essential.
- Strain off all the water, wipe with a cloth and cool completely to room temperature.
- Add the cooked pasta to a bowl. Add salt, pepper, mixed herbs, chilli flakes, olive oil and mix. Add the piri piri masala, mix and toss.
- Air fry at 180*C for 10-12 mins, giving it a stir every 5 mins. Make sure you do this in two batches, don’t overcrowd the air fryer tray.
- Sprinkle some peri peri masala and mix while hot. Let cool and enjoy with some Mayo.
- If you want to deep fry the pasta chips, add 3-4 tsp of cornflour to the cooked pasta with the rest of the ingredients, mix and deep fry on a medium flame until crisp. Remove on a tissue, then sprinkle some more peri peri on top. Deep fry in small batches to avoid overcrowding.
- You can bake these at 200*C for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven too but I’d recommend deep or air frying them for best results.
Once they’re ready you can store your pasta chips in an air tight jar for 4-5 days. Find the video for my recipe on Instagram & Facebook.
Follow @thecrazyindianfoodie on Instagram & Facebook for daily recipes that you will love making.