By Devashree Sanghvi.
Make this rich, creamy and delicious restaurant-style Paneer Makhanwala at home with this beautiful recipe that you must try. It turns out to be exemplary and will be a hit amongst your family and friends.
This makhani gravy is very versatile and you can use it in so many ways. If the paneer isn’t available you can add any boiled veggies of your choice or even boiled potatoes. Make sure you use fresh, ripe tomatoes and only Kashmiri red chilli powder for colour. If you don’t have Kashmiri red chilli powder, add 2 Kashmiri whole red chillies to the gravy for the colour and some regular red chilli powder for spice.
This is best served hot with warm Naan/Rotis and/or Jeera rice.
This recipe serves 3-4.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1-inch ginger (roughly chopped)
- 6-7 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 medium-sized onions (roughly chopped)
- 4-5 tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 3/4th cup cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tbsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 200 gms soft paneer
- 150ml fresh cream/malai
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- In a pan heat butter and add the cumin seeds. Mix well. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and mix. We don’t need to really sauté them because we’re going to cook them in water.
- Add the tomatoes and mix. Now add cashews and mix.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add enough water (preferably hot water) to cover the mix by around half an inch on the top. Add some more butter.
- Mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 12-15 mins, stirring intermittently.
- Let cool completely to room temp and then blend into a fine purée. Put back the gravy onto the same pan on the gas on a low flame.
- Add salt to taste along with some garam masala, sugar and Kasuri methi. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins. Add water if needed.
- Our restaurant-style Makhani gravy is ready. To this add soft paneer, cut into cubes and fold gently.
- Turn off the gas and then add some fresh cream and coriander leaves. Gently stir and serve warm, topped with more fresh cream and coriander leaves.
Serve with any roti/rice. Our restaurant-style Paneer Makhani is ready. Enjoy.
Follow Thecrazyindianfoodie on Instagram & Facebook for more easy and delicious recipes.
Tried this recipe and absolutely loved it. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you. I’m glad you liked it.