Bombay style Pav Bhaji 😍❤️
If you’re a true blue Mumbaikar you definitely crave for Pav Bhaji ever so often.
While there’s nothing like a buttery Pav Bhaji on the street, making it at home is no Herculean task.
A few basic ingredients, 15-20 mins and a passion for good food is all you need to make this delicious Pav Bhaji at home.
Prep time : 15-20 mins. Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serves : 3-4.
For the Bhaji :
1) 1 tbsp oil.
2) 2-3 tbsp butter.
3) 2 large onions (chopped).
4) 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste.
5) 4-5 tomatoes (blanched & puréed).
6) 3 potatoes (boiled & mashed).
7) 1 tsp red chilli powder.
8) 1 tsp coriander powder.
9) 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder.
10) 3-4 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala (I use Badshah Pav Bhaji Masala).
11) 1 tsp lemon juice.
12) 1 tsp sugar.
13) 4-5 tbsp chopped coriander.
14) Water as needed.
15) Salt to taste.
For the Pav :
1) 1 full Ladi Pav (2-3 per serving).
2) 3-4 tbsp of butter for every 2 Pav’s.
3) 1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala.
4) 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder.
For the Bhaji :
1) Heat the oil + butter in a pan.
2) Add the finely chopped onions with a pinch of salt and sauté.
3) Add the ginger garlic paste & sauté until golden brown.
4) Add the tomato purée and mix.
5) Add all the masalas + Salt, sugar & lime juice. Mix well.
6) Add the mashed potatoes and mix well, using a masher if needed.
7) Add coriander.
8) Now add water to cook and let it simmer for 7-8 mins. Stir well.
For the Masala Pav :
1) Heat Butter on a flat non stick tava.
2) Add a tsp each of Red Chilli Powder + Garam Masala Powder.
3) Slit the Ladi Pav halfway and cook in the buttery masala on a low flame until crisp on both sides.
Serve the Bhaji with Pav, onions and lime topped with a dollop of butter.
Authentic Mumbai style Pav Bhaji at home is ready.
Follow Thecrazyindianfoodie on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Zomato for more.
This is my favorite pav bhaji recipe. I love pav bhaji recipe so much i will eat this recipe as a snack item mostly at evening times and your food images looks so delicious and tasty.
I just thought I would leave a comment to let you how much of a nice read this actually was.