It’s festival season in India and we all enjoy our Diwali special snacks and treats, don’t we?
Chakli, made from rice flour, also known as Murukku in southern India is an all-time favourite teatime snack. Using this quick and easy recipe you can make some crisp chaklis in under 30 minutes!
Serves: 3-4. Time: Approx. 20 mins.
2 cups of sieved rice flour
3-4th cup of sour curd (Dahi)
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tbsp ginger-chilli paste
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
Water as needed
- In a bowl add the rice flour + butter + spices + salt + beaten curd + ginger chilli paste and mix well.
- Add a little water as needed (not more than half a cup) to knead a firm dough.
- Grease a chakli mould with some oil on the sides and bottom and fill it with the dough. Shut right.
- On a butter paper/thin plastic slowly roll out round chaklis.
- Deep fry in hot oil (medium flame) until golden brown. Once cool store in an airtight container and enjoy! Lasts up to 2 weeks if kept in a cool and dry pace.
Check out the video here :
Wish all of you a very happy Diwali!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat for more!