LOW CARB KETO PASTA!
Are you on a diet? Do you want to eat healthy but also not give up on the taste? Try this amazing, healthy, low carb, low calorie (if you avoid the cream and cheese) and gluten-free recipe that will not only tantalise your taste buds but also keep you healthy, wealthy and wise!
- Zucchini (any colour) (2 large pieces) (PASTA SUBSTITUTE).
- Onion (1 large medium, roughly chopped).
- Garlic cloves (3-4, finely chopped).
- Cauliflower florets (100 gms, cut into small florets, parboiled).
- Broccoli florets (100 gms, cut into small florets, parboiled).
- Tomatoes (2, puréed in a blender).
- Pizza/ Salsa sauce (store bought/homemade) (1 tbsp) (Optional).
- Bell peppers (2) (Chopped into large cubes).
- Tomato ketchup (1 tbsp)
- Mixed dried herbs (oregano, chilli flakes, dried thyme, etc) (as per taste).
- Salt to taste.
- Olive oil (1 tbsp).
- Heavy cream (1 tsp) (Optional. Don’t use if you’re not on Keto).
- Processed Cheese (Grated: 100 gms/2 slices) (Optional. Don’t use if you’re not on Keto).
- Red chilli powder (1 tsp)
- Peel off the zucchini skin and discard it. Peel of thin strips of the white zucchini resembling fettuccine pasta.
- Parboil the cauliflower and broccoli florets in hot water for about 5-7 minutes and drain. Keep the water to use as stalk for soups, gravies, etc. Chop all the veggies and pre-prep. Puree the tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds on a medium flame. Now add the onions with a pinch of salt and sauté until golden brown. Add the bell peppers once the onions are done.
- Now add the boiled cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles and lightly toss for 3 mins on a medium flame. Add a splash of vegetable stalk if it’s too dry.
- Now add the tomato purée. Mix and let it simmer. Add the pizza/salsa sauce, tomato ketchup, red chilli powder, herbs, cream and mix well. Let it cook for about 3-4 mins. Add some vegetable stalk from before according to the consistency you like your pasta sauce to be.
6 .Top it up with grated cheese, leave some for later. Once the cheese melts then off the flame.
7 .Serve warm. Top with some grated cheese.
Your delicious, low carb, KETO Arrabiata pasta is ready!
If you’re not on Keto you can lessen the olive oil and avoid the cheese and cream.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turns out!
More healthy recipes out soon! Stay tuned.
Follow us on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and Zomato for more.