4 ingredient Gajar Ka Halwa :
There’s nothing like the smell and taste of fresh, warm gajar ka halwa made with beautiful red carrots, full fat milk and a bit of sugar. This is my grandmother’s 60 years old recipe passed down from generations which ensures that I always get a delicious outcome.
Serves : 4. Time : Total 25-30 mins including preparation.
1. 1 kg red carrots (peeled, washed and grated by hand).
2. 300 ml milk.
3. 2 tbsp ghee.
4. 120 grams sugar (About 1 big cup).
5. 5-6 Slit almonds (optional).
6. Crushed cardamom (a pinch) (optional).
1. In a thick bottomed pan heat the ghee on a low flame. Add the grated carrots. Make sure you grate them by hand only and not in a mixer grinder. Sauté slowly for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Heat the milk simultaneously in another pan for 4-5 mins and add the hot milk to the carrots. Stir continuously on a medium flame.
3. Keep cooking’s till the milk evaporates, stirring constantly.
4. Now add the sugar and mix well. Wait and cook on a low flame till sugar melts and the mixture stops bubbling. (7-10 minutes).
5. Add a pinch of cardamom powder and serve warm. Garnish with slit almonds.
Gajar Ka Halwa is ready!
What’s your recipe for making this? Comment below for any queries, recommendations, ideas, etc.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat for more.