Oats is the latest healthy food that has taken over the food industry. With its versatile nature and multiple benefits, it’s being increasingly used as a healthier alternative to various other ingredients. I keep experimenting with this super food and the results never fail to amaze me.
These healthy, quick and delicious Oats cheelas or pudlas or pancakes can be had at any time of the day. Not only are they rich in nutrients but this recipe can be varied according to your own tastes.
1. 1 big bowl of crushed Oats
2. 3 tbsp rawa
3. 2 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan)
4. 100 gms chopped coriander
5. 1 tsp turmeric powder
6. 1 tsp coriander powder
7. 1 tsp red chilli powder
8. 1 tbsp grated Ginger
9. 1 tbsp garlic and green chilli paste (garlic is optional)
10. 1 tsp cumin
11. 1 cup (150 gms) sour curd
12. 1 tsp aamchur powder (optional)
13. 50 gms each of chopped capsicum, tomatoes and onions (optional)
14. Water as required
15. Salt to taste
16. 1 tsp chaat Masala
17. Oil as required
1. Crush the Oats. In a bowl mix the dry Oats, besan, rawa and salt.
2. Now add the coriander, masalas, ginger, garlic + chilli paste and mix well.
3. Add the curd along with water as required and mix properly until no lumps remain and you get a pancake batter consistency.
Note : Oats will quench the water. So you might have to add some more before you cook it.
4. Add 1 tsp of oil to the mixture. Mix. Keep it aside to rest for about half an hour.
5. Now hear a non stick tawa. Add a tbsp of oil. Mix the batter each time before putting it onto the pan and add more water if needed.
6. Add some of the batter onto the hot pan and spread it into a circle which is not very thick but not very thin either.
7. Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicum, coriander and sprinkle some chaat Masala.
8. Flip it over gently until brown on both sides.
9. Serve warm with some mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Oats Cheela is ready.
Variation : Oats Pizza Pancakes –
Make two of such oats cheelas and stuff some pizza sauce, veggies and cheese in the middle to make healthy pizzas.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat for more such fun and healthy recipes.