In this age of fast food, we often forget the most important thing, being healthy. Home cooking gives you the liberty to play around with everyday dishes and make them healthier. This Oats Upma is a healthy and delicious alternative to the regular one. The best part is that it’s ready in minutes.
1. 150 gms Masala Oats/plain Oats
2. 1 tsp of rai
3. 1 tbsp urad daal
4. 3-4 curry leaves
5. 1 tsp chopped green chilli
6. 50 gms chopped tomatoes
7. 50 gms chopped capsicum
8. 200-250 ml water as required
9. 1 tbsp ghee
10. 1 tsp lemon juice
11. 1 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt to taste
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Add the rai, curry leaves, chillies and urad daal and sauté until the daal turns pink.
2. Now add the tomatoes and capsicum and let it simmer for about a minute.
3. Add the Oats and mix well.
4. Now add the water and stir continuously.
5. Add the lemon juice and salt and cook until you the Oats are soft and well cooked.
6. Serve in a plate. Top with chopped coriander. Serve warm.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat for more.