Have guests coming over? Last minute cheese cravings? Make these super easy and quick canapés and pamper your tastebuds.
Serves : 3. Time : 10 mins.
For the stuffing –
1. 250ml milk
2. 4 tbsp maida
3. 150 gms boiled and strained American sweet corn
4. 1 tsp each of oregano, chilli flakes and mixed Italian herbs
5. 1 tsp pepper
6. 1 tsp crushed green chillies
7. 1 tbsp butter
8. 100 gms grated cheese
9. 5-6 cloves of crushed garlic
10. Salt to taste
Other : 30 pieces of canapés.
1. In a bowl mix together the milk and maida with a whisk until no lumps remain.
2. Heat butter in a pan. Add the green chillies and crushed garlic.
3. Now add the milk and flour mixture and on a low flame stir continuously removing all lumps until you get a thick, creamy white sauce.
4. Add the herbs, salt, pepper and half of the grated cheese and mix well. Your basic white sauce is ready. Use this for baked dishes, pastas and more.
5. Now add the boiled corn.
6. Fill each canapé with a tbsp of the stuffing and a sprinkle of grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 110F for 2-3 mins until crisp.
7. Serve warm.
Corn and cheese canapés are ready!