By Devashree Sanghvi.
Saffron, the king of spices takes us back to the royal times of Indian culture. Used extensively across borders in various meal preparations, Kesar or saffron is truly a magnificent spice. Not only does it add colour and flavour to any dish but it also gives it its own unique touch.
Baby Saffron has been selling premium quality saffron since 50 years from flowers that are handpicked for you. Pure, natural saffron that can be used in multiple recipes has bountiful health benefits too.
1. 2 grams of baby saffron.
2. 500ml full cream buffalo milk.
3. 2 slices of white bread with the sides cut off.
4. 1 tbsp sugar.
5. 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
6. 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
7. 2 tbsp of mixed almonds and pistachios for garnishing.
1. Warm 2-3 tbsp of milk and add the baby saffron to it. Cover with a lid and let it stay for around 20-30 minutes.
2. Cut the sides of the bread and grind into fine breadcrumbs.
3. In a thick bottomed pan heat the milk, stirring constantly on a low flame.
4. Once the milk comes to a boil add the saffron milk, bread crumbs, sugar and condensed milk and stir continuously, scrapping the cream off the edges.
5. Stir for 8-10 minutes or until thick and fine. Top with cardamom powder.
6. Cool to room temperature and top with chopped pistachios, almonds and a few baby saffron strands.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Serve cool.
Baby Saffron is available on www.amazon.in and in Big Bazaar outlets.
For more information log onto their website – www.babysaffron.com
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat for more food and travel updates.