I recently had a wonderful experience using Mooz Formaggio. They have a beautiful range of gourmet cheese, all made in India!
Something that isn’t quite easy to find in Indian markets like a Mascapone or Cream cheese, is now both affordable and accessible due to Mooz!
They have everything from Mozzarella to Camembert to Cream cheese. Loved it. I made these simple yet delicious Mozzarella cheese sticks using Mooz Mozzarella. I loved the freshness and the consistency of the cheese.
Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks!
400 gms Mooz Mozzarella cheese.
5 Tbsp Flour (Maida)
1 Tbsp each of oregano and chilli flakes.
250 gms bread crumbs
350ml oil to fry (approximately)
1 Tbsp chaat masala.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Ketchup to serve.
1) Cut the cheese into long and thick cigars.
2) In a bowl take maida and milk and mix it well with a whisk until a slightly thick mixture forms. Make sure to remove the lumps.
3) Add the oregano, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to the flour and milk mixture and mix well.
4) Dip each cheese stick in the batter and coat evenly on both sides. Now roll in a bowl of bread crumbs. Make sure to cover the eges too.
5) Repeat the same for all the sticks. Now keep them in the freezer for 15 minutes atleast.
6) Remove from freezer. Heat the oil.
7) Dip the sticks again in the batter and then in the breadcrumbs.
8) Deep fry on a medium flame until golden brown.
9) Sprinkle some chaat masala on top. (Optional).
Serve warm with tomato ketchup.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Zomato and Snapchat for more!