Flattened rice cooked with fried onions, green peas, potatoes and peanuts with the spice of green chillies and that lovely flavour of curry leaves topped with chopped coriander and crispy sev.
It’s not only easy to make but also healthy and stunningly delicious.
#thecrazyindianfoodie loves to cook 😀
2 cups of poha (flattened rice)
1 tbsp mustard seeds (rai)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 green chilli (finally chopped)
5-7 curry leaves (Kadipatta)
1 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 tsp coriander powder (Dhania)
100 Grams boiled green peas
2 boiled potatoes (chopped)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
50 grams chopped peanuts
Finely chopped coriander for garnishing
Sev for garnishing
Salt to taste
1) Wash the poha and let the wet poha be for about 15 mins in a strainer.
2) Heat oil in a Pan. Add the green chillies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves and let it all crackle.
3) Now add the finely chopped onions along with a little bit of salt and sauté until golden brown.
4) Add the peanuts and mix.
5) Add the chopped potatoes, turmeric, coriander powder, salt, sugar and mix gently.
6) Add the green peas to the mixture and fold.
7) Add the soft poha along with the lemon juice and mix it all gently.
8) Serve warm. Garnish with chopped coriander and sev.
Follow Thecrazyindianfoodie on Instagram, Zomato and Facebook for more such foodgasms.